- We are registered as a data controller in accordance with United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. We will process any personal information we collect about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW IS THAT INFORMATION THEN USED?
- Information collected when you browse the Website: We will not collect any personal information about you from your browsing of the Website unless you agree to collection and use of your personal data.
- Information collected when you create an account: When you register to create a new account you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself in order to access research available on the Website. This information will include your name and email address and confirmation you are not a U.S investor in order to complete the registration process and enable viewing of the research reports.
- Information collected when you register for the Irideus.org service: When you complete the ‘company registration form’ for the Irideus.org service, you will be asked to submit personal information about yourself in order for one of the Research Providers to contact you. This information will include your name and email address and a contact telephone number in order to complete the registration process.
- How will we use any personal information that we collect?
- Where we collect personal information, we will use it for administration and to tailor our service and/or products to match your needs.
- We may employ the services of a third party to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting and marketing. In some cases that third party may receive your information. However, at all times we will control and be responsible for the use of your information.
- How can I remove, update, prevent use of or correct my personal information?
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We will hold your personal information securely and will only keep it for as long as is reasonably necessary in the circumstances you are registered to use the Website or for as long as you use the service that you have requested, unless you have provided us with your consent to use the data for any additional purposes. We take the security of the Website and the information you provide very seriously and we will take all appropriate technical measures using recognised security procedures and tools in accordance with good industry practice to protect your personal information.
- Whilst we use all reasonable endeavours to protect your security in the manner described above, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise users that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Website at your own risk.
- Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to the Website, in particular when you complete the “registration form” to access the website and also when you complete the “user poll”. You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of the Website. A cookie does not provide us with any personal information. Therefore, if you have not supplied us with any personal information, you can still browse our site anonymously.
- We do not automatically capture or store personal data from browsers to the site, other than to log your IP address and session information such as the duration of the visit to our site and the nature of the browser used. This information is used only for administration of the site system and in the compilation of statistics used by us.
- The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require. If you do not want cookies then please refer to the help menu on your browser for instructions on disabling them. For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org